Shadow Of Victory

Friday 17 April 2009

April 17th Isaiah 54

A lovely friend sent me some verses to look at from Isaiah 54..this has long been one of my favourite passages of scripture and I always find something in there to restore..encourage and bless me and today has been no different. The word of the Lord is living and active.....and I am so grateful for this amazing truth.

Verse 13 says in the latter part..."GREAT WILL BE YOUR CHILDRENS PEACE"....and so today I will begin to reclaim this for my daughter....that peace will reign in her body ..mind ...soul..spirit....

I have also been meditating on verse 10..."though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed...yet my unfailing love for you will NEVER be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed "...so whilst I feel shaken deep in my heart and soul I know that Gods love for us all will never be shaken....nor will He remove His covenant of peace.One of the dictionary definitions of peace is..."freedom from or cessation of war" and I like this ..it is fairly descriptive of what I have felt in my inner being for some time...with all that has been happening in every area of our lives...it has felt at times like a war zone....but as friends have prayed for us we have felt Gods presence and I am sensing that I am entering into His peace in a much more active sense...

There are some incredible verses contained in this chapter that deserve some time to let the truth seep into every part of my mind. The one drawback in doing the "through the bible in a year " has been that I havent been reading much else apart from the daily readings....and in last two weeks I have realised that I have needed more than the day to day stuff...I found some gems in Galations and Ephesians recently that have kept me strong....

It is weird with Chris working from home...especially as I also work from home...he is upstairs and I am downstairs...he came down to kitchen to "meet me for lunch" how bizarre is that...and later we are going to Maidenhead ..he needs to go the office and I will tag along and do some shopping...wow...maybe this is Gods way of blessing us with some time together amidst the busyness of life.

I will be moving on with my blog in next few entries as I am eager to continue to look at the continuing thorns in my life....I still fully believe that "writing is my best chance of happiness" and I know that writing this blog over last few months has brought a new dimension into my life.....

Thank you again for comments and loving encouragements.

No comments: